Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am obsessed with pineapples. Not only do they taste amazing, & are adorable, they also have so many benefits for your skin!
Pineapples have a ton of vitamins & enzymes that are incredible for your skin. Bromelain is an enzyme found in pineapples that works as an exfoliant, hydrator, & natural chemical peel. It sloughs off dead skin from the surface, leaving your face glowing! Pineapples also have anti-inflammatory & anti-aging effects!
Side note: did you know that the United States is the only country that calls them “pineapples”? Everywhere else in the world calls them “ananas”, meaning “excellent fruit”.
So, I decided to show you guys a couple of different DIY pineapple face masks, including the natural chemical peel!
You are going to want to get a fresh pineapple, canned pineapple won’t work!
- Cut the top & bottom of the pineapple off. You will only need about 1/4 of the pineapple for the mask, so cut the rest up & put in the fridge to eat later!
- Chop up the 1/4 of the pineapple into small chunks.
- Blend up the pineapple chunks until you get a nice, frothy puree & place in a clean bowl. Now, you’re ready to apply the peel!
- Be sure to wash your face first with a mild cleanser & pat dry with a clean towel.
- With a fan brush, apply the pineapple puree to your face, being careful to avoid the eyes.
- Keep the mask on for about five minutes to allow it to sink into your skin (if it starts to burn, remove before five minutes)
- Rinse off with cool water, again avoiding the eyes, & pat dry. I like to apply coconut oil afterwards to keep skin nice & hydrated.
- Enjoy your fresh, glowing, radiant skin!
You can do this treatment once a week to keep skin glowing! If you have more acneic skin, you can add aloe vera or green tea to calm the skin. If your skin is more dry, add honey to the puree!